Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)

本來想寫一篇文章講講他的故事對我的意義,想了很久拖到今天,不過實在是寫不出什麼,只好放上 Invictus 這首詩:

Out of the night that covers me
夜幕低垂將我籠罩
Black as the Pit from pole to pole
宛若陷入漆黑地窖
I thank whatever gods may be
我感謝萬能的眾神
For my unconquerable soul.
賦予我不敗的心靈
In the fell clutch of circumstance
即使環境險惡危急
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我未曾退縮或哭嚎
Under the bludgeonings of chance
處於機運的脅迫下
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
血流滿面但我不屈服
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
超越這般悲憤交集
Looms but the Horror of the shade
恐怖陰霾逐步逼近
And yet the menace of the years
長年威脅揮之不去
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
我終究會無所畏懼
It matters not how strait the gate
縱然通道無比險狹
How charged with punishments the scroll
儘管嚴懲綿延不盡
I am the master of my fate:
我是我命運的主人
I am the captain of my soul.
我是我心靈的統帥

──威廉亨利
comments powered by Disqus